Applying for special circumstances using the LHLO Portal
Labour Hire Authority (LHA) can reduce or waive a labour hire annual licence fee in special circumstances.
Special circumstances can apply in situations where a business’s turnover is impacted by an unprecedented event outside their control.
The licence holder will need to provide LHA with details and evidence of why they require special circumstances. This information can be provided to LHA via the Labour Hire Licensing Online (LHLO) portal.
- The Nominated Officer (NO) must contact LHA to discuss their eligibility for Special Circumstances.
|Contact us by calling 1300 545 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- If eligible, we will send the application form to your LHLO account for you fill out.
Viewing the special circumstances application
- A notification will appear advising that you can apply for special circumstances. All communication and documents sent by LHA can be viewed in the 'Notifications and alerts' column to the right.
- Click 'View' to see the notification details and begin your application for special circumstances.
- The following screen will show. Click 'Apply for special circumstances' to begin application.
|TIP: You can view any items that require actioning under Transactions in progress.|
Applying for special circumstances
- Fill in the blank text boxes to answer each question.
- Click 'Select a file' to upload supporting documents. A dropdown will appear to select the type of file you wish to upload.
- Optional: You can also use this upload any additional supporting evidence to support your application.
|IMPORTANT: Financial evidence must be provided to support special circumstances applications. This includes Business Activity Statements (BAS) or Activity Statements (AS) for the fee period you wish to request consideration of special circumstances for.|
Submitting your application
- Lodge your report by clicking 'Lodge'.
- You can click on the 'Save and resume later' If you wish to complete later.
|IMPORTANT: This will finalise and submit your response. You cannot amend or add to your response once submitted.|