Apprenticeship regulators agree to greater collaboration17 March 2022
Seven government regulators with shared responsibility for a range of apprentice and trainee conditions in Victoria have agreed to unprecedented levels of collaboration.
To facilitate that collaboration, they have formed an Operational Working Group focused on sharing information and coordinating on a range of regulatory activities.
The group’s purpose is to work together to mitigate the risk of harm to Victorian apprentices and trainees.
The Operational Working Group includes:
- Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (Chair)
- WorkSafe Victoria
- Energy Safe Victoria
- Wage Inspectorate Victoria
- Victorian Building Authority
- Labour Hire Authority
- Fair Work Ombudsman.
The group will meet regularly to:
- discuss regulatory issues
- share information, data, and intelligence
- coordinate investigations, inspections, special projects, and communications.
This Operational Working Group formalises and intensifies existing arrangements between the regulators.