With events coming up across Melbourne, September and October will be busy with Labour Hire Authority (LHA) engagement activities.
Labour hire information sessions in Melbourne
LHA’s program of free information sessions continues in September and October.
Following popular sessions for providers, hosts and industry stakeholders in regional Victoria this year, further events are planned for the metropolitan Melbourne area.
Book now for the following information sessions for providers and hosts in September and October:
- St Albans - 22 September 2023
- Werribee - 22 September 2023
- Epping - 3 October 2023
- Roxburgh Park - 3 October 2023
- Dandenong – 5 October 2023
Later in October, the LHA team will also be visiting Box Hill, Moorabbin, Wodonga, Wangaratta and Healesville – keep an eye on the Events page on the LHA website for booking details.
Key topics of these sessions include:
- legal obligations under the labour hire licensing scheme
- recent and upcoming compliance and enforcement activities
- recent changes to legal and regulatory requirements affecting labour hire
- new resources to support compliance.
These information sessions are for businesses providing or using labour hire services in all industries, particularly:
- Commercial cleaning
- Meat and poultry processing.
Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) webinar
A tailored webinar was delivered to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) members on 5 September.
The LHA team presented this session for over two dozen representatives from a range of councils, covering the licensing scheme and its interface with local government, including:
- obligations of councils as host businesses
- regulation of labour hire worker accommodation
- recent compliance and enforcement activities.
We received a great range of questions, and positive feedback from attendees about the value of the session in keeping up to date with labour hire issues, and their obligations as host businesses.