During this time of year, employers and workers may have questions about employee entitlements when working through the holiday period and businesses shutting down between Christmas and New Year.
You can find information on entitlements from the Fair Work Ombudsman. This includes information on:
- directing employees to take leave
- employees without enough annual leave
- paying employees who don’t work on a public holiday
- public holidays during annual leave
- working extra hours and working on public holidays
- public holidays over Christmas and New Year's Day.