Workplaces need to clean and disinfect surfaces - both steps are essential. The Victorian Government has released updated cleaning and disinfection guidelines including information on:
- factsheets for workplaces, workforces, supervisors and building owners and managers
- checklists for engaging and monitoring routine cleaning services
- checklist for engaging cleaning services for a COVID-deep clean
- training completion register template
- cleaning guidelines factsheets for a range of industries.
To help make sure commercial cleaners are aware of the new guidelines, the Authority is collaborating with the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions to write to all providers that supply workers in commercial cleaning.
Guidelines and resources for environmental cleaning
The Department of Health and Human Services has also developed guidance materials for environmental cleaning.