Welcome to the May 2023 edition of LHA News8 May 2023
Welcome to the May 2023 edition of Labour Hire Authority News.
As this edition goes to press, LHA has just commenced legal action in the Supreme Court of Victoria against a horticulture provider for allegedly operating without a licence.
Read more about the proceedings in this edition, as well as about key issues in horticulture and how LHA is engaging with the sector to address them. Horticulture is a focus of our compliance and engagement work in 2023, along with other key labour hire industries and issues.
LHA recently visited the Mildura and Shepparton regions to hold information sessions for labour hire providers in horticulture and other industry areas. Attendees have provided great feedback about the value of these sessions and have been active in asking questions around their obligations and compliance. You can find details of sessions coming up in western and south-western Victoria in this edition.
As Victoria’s labour hire licensing scheme enters its fifth year, LHA continues to support providers, hosts and other stakeholders through these education and engagement activities, while identifying and addressing compliance issues that harm workers.
In this month’s edition, you can also read about new workplace laws commencing soon and how to inform LHA of changes to your business.
Labour Hire Licensing Commissioner
In this edition
- LHA commences legal action against horticulture provider
- Horticulture industry in focus
- Changes to Fair Work Act coming in June
- Recent and upcoming program of stakeholder engagement
- Changes to your business? You may need to inform us
In April 2023:
- 76 licence applications submitted
- 267 licence renewals granted
- 67 licences granted
- 84 licences refused or cancelled
Events and resources
- LHA is holding free information sessions in regions across Victoria. Learn where and register now
- The Fair Work Ombudsman’s Employer Advisory Service provides free tailored advice about pay and conditions to small business owners.